Field Study 4!

 FIELD STUDY # 4:

Temperature: 54 degrees (feels like 51)

Date + Time: 11/2, 2:30

Climate: sunny, medium breeze, clear sky

Sunrise: 7:02 am

Sunset: 5:36 (last field study it was 7:03, it's starting to get darker sooner, also note time change)

Changes observed:

LEAVES:
Lots of leaves were finally changing color, and a lot of the trees were already bare.

Organisms Observed: One thing I noticed was that there was signifcantly less of the little nats present compared to my last few visits. My guess is that some of the colder weather scared them away. I also saw way less birds than less time which might have to do with migration times or maybe the time of day that I visited. Again I noticed the presence of the cows nearby since the breeze brought the smell of manure all through the park.





Identifying Common Plants:
(These are my guesses based on my reaserch, they may not be 100% acurate)

           Wild Teasel:                                            Crepis Pulchra:                                        Milkweed
      
         
Reed Canary Grass:                               Oak Tree:                                      Common Reed

   .         .                                                                                                  
Picture from the same spot:



Other pics from my study:

















Comments

  1. Great pics! I think some of your labels did not end up with the pictures they were intended to be with...if you want to fix and check in with me and include your source(s), it would be worth up to 2 bonus points.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts